Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The World According to (this) Mama

My husband and I had our first child, William, eight weeks ago today.  Since then, our world has been flip-turned upside down in the most amazing way possible.  I remember chatting with my friend Christie, before our sons were born and saying to her "how hard can one little person be?"  My husband tells me all the time now how dumb he thought that question was, and now I know he is so right!

In eight short weeks of life, Will has totally stumped me, made me laugh, made me cry and made me love in a way I can't even articulate.  I decided to start this blog to share some of those experiences.  Since he has been born, I constantly recite two things.  The first is something that one of my VP's at work always says we need to be "nimble & flexible".  It's so true when raising a child.  The second is "it takes a village to raise a child."  I have begun to find my village, many times in complete strangers who you quickly find yourself confiding your deepest darkest (grossest) mommy secrets in.  We share our experiences, our questions, our fears and our sleep secrets, raising our babies one day at a time.

I started this blog because I wanted a place to stockpile and share all of those things.  You will find recipes, thoughts, challenges...  all of the day to day happenings of my life as Mama.  Please keep in mind- these are my experiences and thoughts, I'm not a medical professional or therapist, so I am never offering advice medical or otherwise, just a bit of my two cents.

I hope you enjoy- welcome to the village!

Mamaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment