Wednesday, November 19, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things...

For the last few weeks, I have been on the hunt for two things.  One, Christmas gift, and two, baby gear.  The baby gear search has actually been going on far longer than that, but every time Will hiccups or looks at me funny I either jump on Google or reach out to my experienced Mommy network (i.e. anyone with a kid older than mine) and seek their advice. 

This is part one in a two-part blog series that I wanted to share.  This one will focus on the baby stuff I simply can't live without.  The second will be all the a-mazing holiday gifts I have found that I just have to share.

Onward to the baby stuff...  ( I should note- I don't get kickbacks or compensation for these suggestions.  They're just my faves from my experience!)

Boon Grass Bottle Drying Rack  This adorable bottle drying rack is the best!  When a friend gave it to me while I was pregnant I kind of thought "oh, this is cute, sure..."  but I. LOVE. it.  It sits next to our sink and is so convenient!

Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets This was another one that we received from a friend, and I thought they were cute, but I had no clue that they were MAGIC blankets.  These blankets are amazing when you have a little one- use them for swaddling, stroller blankets, tummy time, and a burp cloth in a pinch.  My absolute favorite baby gift.

Fisher Price Rock N Play  Again, A-maaaazing thing that was gifted to us by a friend who was moving away.  We use this all the time.  It's so light and portable that we bring it into the dining room for Will to sit in while we eat, and he sleeps in it at night.  I think he loves it so much because it's small and he doesn't startle like he does in a bigger playpen setting.

Boppy Newborn Lounger  We love this!  We use it on the couch, on the floor, when we go to visit family...  a great comfy place for little man to hang out and be part of the action.  It's not for sleeping, and don't leave baby alone!  Another great baby gift.

Trixie Tracker  This isn't a "thing", but rather a website.  If you've had a baby, you know that at the beginning you are a crazy baby tracker.  Our pediatrician had us tracking feedings, but I then realized I didn't know when Will had taken his last nap, wet his last diaper, done tummy time, etc.  This website is super easy to set up and use, and best of all you get a free trial to make sure it's for you!  At the end of two weeks if you don't like it you're not obligated to continue using it.  We love it, and you can share log-in info, so my husband can check in from his office and see what's going on from home.  Fantastic!

Baby Bargains Book  Let's face it.  There is SO. much. stuff. you can buy for baby, and a million and one options.  It's so easy to get lost in the shuffle and completely overwhelmed.  This book is a great resource to look at options and see some matter of fact reviews in one place.  Great resource for first time parents trying to make sense of it all!

Those are just a few of my favorites- what else do you want to know about for baby gear?  Let me know and I will tell you my faves!

Mamaste :)




No comments:

Post a Comment