Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Favorite(r) Things

Yes, I know favoriter isn't a word.  It was that or "My Favorite Things Part Deux".  So just go with it!  Again, no compensation or kickbacks received here, just me sharing some of the awesome discoveries I made this holiday season!

You may notice a trend here...  I got a little "bah HUMBUG" this year about Christmas gifts.  One of my pet peeves is when someone tells you what they want for Christmas.  And you. didn't. ask.  Now, if I ask for suggestions, that it totally one thing.  But if you just present me with what I should get you, and word it that way...  well, it makes me want to give you a stocking full of nothing.

So I was faced with two options this year.  One, forego gifts entirely, in the mean spirit of my seasonal grumpiness at above mentioned rude person or two, take advantage of the opportunity to give people gifts with meaning.  This year, I've really been trying to gift folks with gifts that support small business or give back in some way.  Surely that erases some of my bitter rant, right?

Enjoy!

Aden & Anais RED Swaddles- these are my FAVORITE swaddles.  I call them magic blankets.  I mentioned them in my first post about my favorite things- they are amazing for nearly everything baby related!  Well, this holiday season they have a special collaboration with (PRODUCT)RED where Aden & Anais' proceeds are going to support this amazing cause.  A perfect gift that gives back!  Find them here .

Krochet Kids- this is an amazing organization that employs people all around the world.  They create gorgeous crochet goods, and every piece is signed by the person who crafted it.  Love their goods!  Find them here and #knowwhomadeit.

Fortune Cookie Soaps.  This company is one part sassy and one part smelly- but in the best way possible!  I can't wait to gift their adorable and yummy fortune cookie soaps this Christmas.  They come in a wide array of scents which change with the season and literally look just like a fortune cookie!  Check out their whole line of products here.

Birchbox.  I have been a Birchbox member for a year or so now, and absolutely love it!  Every month, they send you a box with 5 or so samples based on a beauty profile you fill out.  You can gift a subscription or just check out some of the goodies they have on their site.  They also do special edition boxes which are really cool.  To gift a subscription, visit here.
 
Shea Radiance.  Their lotion is, in a word...  AMAZING!  We live in Arizona, aka the surface of the sun, aka hotter than hell and uber dry.  I found this lotion about a year ago and absolutely love it.  Their black soap is also pretty darn amazing.  Best of all, this is another company that gives back.  Their shea butter is sourced from women-run cooperatives in West Africa.  Sign up for their email list and get 10% off your first order!  Visit them here.

Blue Apron.  This is a new favorite of mine and so fun!  I love to cook, but often get into a rut with the same old rotation.  Chicken, pork chops, veggie burgers...  Blue Apron will send you the ingredients and recipes for 3 meals per week.  It's been a great way to add some variety to our menu and try some things we would never gravitate towards at the store.  Our first meal was steak, creamed kale & sunchokes.  It was restaurant quality and incredibly delicious.  Give it a try here.

Happy Shopping :).

No comments:

Post a Comment