Sunday, December 28, 2014

For the Love of... KALE!

I have a terrible habit of hating on things.  I don't just dislike things, I hate them...  and am usually quite vocal about it. It's my black and white nature coupled with my (dis?)ability to be quite vocal. As we close 2014 and move into 2015 I've decided to focus on my loving side, so you will see more blogs of this nature.  Introducing: For the Love...

One of my obsessions of late is the almighty kale. Jeff & I are getting ready to embark on the Conscious Cleanse, so as we get ready to take the plunge I'm easing us into it by adding some more fruits and veggies.  My veggie du jour is kale.  I. Am. Obsessed.  I haven't yet added it to my daily smoothie, but everywhere else I munch this leafy green is making a guest appearance.  One of my biggest obsessions is kale chips.  They are amazing to eat and super easy to cook.  Check out my go-to kale chips recipe below!

Kale Chips
Kale - as much as you want.  Note: Only make as many as you think you will eat in a couple of days- they don't keep too long.  And you'll eat them PDQ anyhow!
Coconut Oil
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Wash, chop your kale and spread it out on a cookie sheet.  (Note: size of kale pieces kind of depends on your preference.  Sometimes I like bigger chips, sometimes smaller.  Get creative! Don't pile kale pieces on top of each other or they will be soggy and not cook)

Melt your coconut oil.  You don't want to use a ton- just enough to very lightly coat your kale.  You can coat the kale with your hands or use a pair of tongs.  Lightly sprinkle with sea salt and put in the oven.  Cook chips for 5 minutes and then flip.  Cook 4-6 more minutes, watch them closely!  Your kale will brown slightly then burn quickly.  (Note: Burnt kale chips = EEWW).

Let them cool for a few and enjoy!  MMM!



No comments:

Post a Comment