Tuesday, May 12, 2015

For the love of... smoothies!

I have been a smoothie junkie for quite some time, but until recently didn't realize that my morning smoothie was quite...  junky!  I did a two week detox a few weeks ago which really inspired me to take a look at my morning beverages.  (Except my coffee.  That ain't happening.)

I start off every day with a cup of lukewarm lemon water.  This is a great way to start the day, and I have been obsessed with this for months.  It also has a ton of health benefits, some of which you can read about here.

Prior to my detox, I was indulging in a smoothie complete with yogurt, spinach, and a bunch of fruit.  I loved kick starting my day with a big fruity beverage and thought that it was a great way to get going.  Not so much!  These suckers can pack quite the punch of sugar and calories.  I've since made a switch, and wanted to share my new recipe.

Coconut Milk- 1 cup (unsweetened)
Spinach- a BUNCH!
Protein Powder (approx 1/2 scoop)- my favorite is Sunwarrior Vegan Vanilla
Frozen Strawberries- small handful

I mix the coconut milk with spinach, blend it up.  Then throw more spinach in plus the protein powder and blend some more.  Follow it up with some strawberries and it's done.

AMAZING!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment